Home Tweet Home: AWARD WINNING!!

Ohhhh, ahhhhh...
buttons and ribbons and scalloped edges Oh My!

This is my Caardvarks/Purple Onion Designs (7/3) 'window' challenge entry.
And Pile It On (7/4) 'button plus other' challenge entry.
{This bird house won an Unexpected Award with Pile it On!}

I found this adorable FREE bird house template
on Nichole's PTI blog and I just can't get over
how darn cute it is!

Buttons, buttons and more buttons.
I seriously thought about filling the entire roof with buttons.

Oh look, a little surprise could be awaiting.

The top layer of the roof is completely removable,
not attached in any way, shape or form.... just function;
the button's weight help keep the paper flush with the attached part of the roof.

Sorry, she is empty for now.
Better to fill your imagination with my friend.

I would like to put a small jar of homemade jam in here.
Or a yummy scented candle. Homemade of course!

I must go make more!

After thought:
"Wow, no stamps... what was I thinking?"

Supplies:
Papertrey Ink: template
Stampin' Up!: cardstock, punches, ribbon
Unknown: buttons

16 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the color combination and the cool button ribbon ... fantastic window design.

Pamela Smerker said...

This is absolutely adorable Steph! Well done!!

Melanie said...

Awesome!!! I'd love to make a ton of these and just have them hanging around the house!! Great job!!!!!!

lauren bergold said...

HOLY MACARONI!!!!!! your birdhouse is completely magnificent! i ♥LOVE♥ every single thing about it...in fact...i think i need to go back and look at it some more now... ♥♥♥

Tanis said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! What a great little box :)
And such an INGENIOUS way to do the lid...LOVE it!

Ann said...

OMG, you freakin' ROCKED this challenge!!!! Super awesome creation!

Anonymous said...

steph,
this is beyond beautiful! wow!

Thanks for playing with us! Keep playin'

-- dalis DTC for Pile It Up!

June Houck said...

This is fabulous!!! Good luck with the 'Varks challenge...not that you need it :)

p.s. When I make something and realize I did not stamp or use ribbon, it seems odd to me too. But your bird house is amazing.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

WoW!!

Nicole said...

very cool!!! great job!

Jenn Biederman said...

This is so cool!!!! Love this idea...will check out the link. Thanks for playing with us at Caardvarks!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this! Totally adorable in every way!

Lucy Abrams said...

Wow - this is amazing. Such a super project. It would look amazing with a pot of jam inside :)

Melody said...

Super cute project. I love birdhouses. What a nice gift!

raindropecho said...

Wow this is just adorable! I might just have to make one, too. Congrats on the Sweet Sprinkles award at PIO!
-Ann

Okispice said...

So cute! Great idea to use as a gift box! Congrats on winning at Pile it ON!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails